DEBT MANAGEMENT: manage finance, manage life….
“The most efficient way to produce anything is to bring together under one management as many as possible of the activities needed to turn out the product.” We often indulge in uncontrolled expenses and spending beyond our means i.e.; spending more than you earn results in mounting debts. At times of severe financial crisis, Debt Management helps you to manage your funds and also protects you from the humiliation of debt struck conditions. The process involving the use of several techniques to curb the amount of debts is known as debt management Some of the techniques of debt management are listed below:
1. Create an accurate assessment of your debt situation. Make a list of all your debts. Be sure and include the amounts, interest rates, and expirations dates. So that you have a clear picture of what you owe and what you own.
2. Make a budget: Making a budget helps keep from increasing your debt, while you're trying to pay it down. Be specific and detailed in your budgeting. Stick to your budget, and you won't get further in debt if you only spend what you have.
3. Pay off the debts one by one. Maintain minimum payments to the rest of the debts, but pick the debt with the highest interest rate, and send extra payments to pay it off. That would help to ease the pressure
4. Consider debt consolidation: it is a personal loan that is employed to settle the debts. For the purpose of ease in settlement, all debts taken from several lenders are consolidated. You may also consider debt restructuring and refinancing.
5. If necessary, get help. You may choose a credit counseling service, or debt counseling and debt help service to help with each step of your debt solution. Debt management is open to all. Good credit people, bad credit people or people with bankruptcy. Debt management by managing debts of a debtor can help in improving his credit score. debt management will essentially involve keeping ones finances under control, taking the right debt from the right lender, never missing any installments, avoiding any late fees and if needed, consolidating the debt in the most efficient way. Debt management, as is clearly visible has a very wide scope. Borrowers need to keep their eyes open, particularly on the debt elimination techniques like debt consolidation loans. Debt counseling too need not be taken lightly, since they also can backfire at times when incorrect tips are implemented. There is no magic wand as far as recovering from debt is concerned. It takes time, it can be a struggle but it will be worth it in the end